Total Pageviews

Late breakfast (Brunch?)

Arrgghh...!! not sure what to have for my breakfast today. While doing the easy housework, I thought of the chicken soup leftover my mother in law cooked for me. Thank you, Mom...
Ok, I have elbow macaroni, cherry tomatoes, eggs and butter. What's next? Macaroni in chicken soup baked with eggs and cherry tomatoes. Easy isn't it?

Ingredients:
Chicken soup (any leftover from your fridge or else from the can :-)
Macaroni (any type will do - I use elbow macaroni since that's only I have)
Pepper
Salt
2 eggs (beaten with pepper and salt)
Cherry tomatoes (or you just can slice from the big tomatoes)
Butter


Reheat the chicken soup, pour in the macaroni and let them a while until soften a bit. Shift the macaroni and some of the chicken soup (just to have some gravy) in a casserole dish ware. Mix in the beaten eggs, layered with the tomatoes and just put few slashes of butter on top to make it looked shiny (and to add taste as well). Remember not to over put the salt as the chicken soup leftover normally taste saltier after reheated.
It would be so much better if shredded parmesan or mozarella bashed on top layer... oooooo so yummy. Unluckily, I didn't keep any except cream cheese for my carrot cake topping :-(


Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked or depend on how one likes it to be done.

I think this is not going to be my breakfast, it's my BRUNCH! Enjoy the photos! ;-)

Macaroni Chicken Soup Baked with Eggs




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...